Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 1

This was my first time writing journal after finished my studies at Matriculation. I am still remember, my English's teacher ask her student to do this writing. It is because there can be share something beside to improve our English. Then, if we really did it and our writing improve she gave us a chocolate or sweet to encourage us to write and write again. And I got it too.

Since I was here ( UPSI) there are a lot of thing happen in my life. Starting make a decision to be a teacher, to switch from a worker to a student and to learn back sometimes make me stuck. Thinking is't a best decision that i ever had? To be such a student again. Even I always been asking by my close friends and my family about salary, life and so on, but I still in my way which i choosed. But alhamdulillah.. I am still here with friends which have same mission and vision to be good teacher in the future. (Insya-Allah).

Everybody have their own problem, and every problem have the solution. I am still remember during last lesson with Dr. Nurul, about reflecting and reflection writing.She ask us to write an reflective journal either in English or Malay. I think I should write in English so that it will help me to improve my English writing. I have read a few journal which is written by her last student. Most of them have the same main problem such as, lack of confident and not proficiency in English. I am gigling myself because I also have that kind of problem too. Frankly, I am not really good in English either in communication and writing. That's why i am so worried to speak up in the class. Actually i not expected got this course because during the an interview, i am not really good to talk about current issues in English.

When i look back to this problem, actually its not really a major problem which is not have the solutions to solve the problem. For me, if there is a will, there is a way. It is up to me either to be better than now or just be there until end. Besides that, i also surfing an internet to search how to get better in English. I find there are many methods and technique to improve English reading, writing, and speaking. According to the website, How Can I Improve My English? , it highlight that" the more you speak with English speakers, the more you will improve your English, both in pronunciation and vocabulary". Then, I take this opportunity talking to people around me even its just simple communication which is using a simple English will help me to improve my English. Everyone can speak, but because of our environment which like to use our mother tongue as daily communication, it will makes some other people feel awkward and sometimes their feel weird. Maybe some of them also said this girl not totally good in speaking and be troublesome. Emm..whatever happens saiza, you have to face it! So just ignore what ever their said.

This week i am too busy to do preparation for microteaching. At the same time, we also busies to prepare for presentation for a few subjects. Huhuhu (my roomate said i am look so depressed)...class too pack, and this week also have class replacement, but alhamdulillah we can manage well, and we finally finished as our target. Emm this week I choose learning area Force and Motion, Analysing Linear Motion which is concentrate on distance and displacement for microteaching. I choosed this sub-topic because I think this topic simple and can be probe further within 5-7 minutes. I started preparing the content, slide and myself to do well during the presentation. Argghhhh sometimes feel too worries about this! I also ask my friends about their opinions. They comforted me and encourage me that I can do it well.


Today my turn for microteaching. I am starting feel nervous for this. Before I am going to class I recheck again to ensure the slide was save in my thumbdrive. Then my turn. Alhamdulillah, everything going smoothly. I am really impressed to my student (actually they are my friend which acting as students..heheh) being quietly during my lesson and supportive. Thanks guys. I still remember after heard bell (highlight times up) I said YES! Actually the words unexpected come out from me ( feel shame) and most of them laughing at me ( and me too). How can i act like that?

After I finished my presentation, as usual Dr. Nurul will comments about mine. She said I should choose the right topic so that I can be probe further more and more about the topic. Then, I also must ensure the interaction between me and student should be consistent. I will apply it during my macroteaching soon. So far I am feel stasified with my microteaching even I just got B+. Alhamdulillah and thanks Dr.Nurul because of gave me a good gred and not to re-teach.

So, from now on I must work hard to ensure everything going smoothly. I realize that English is very important especially when I am going to teach student in Science and Mathematic subject. And I have to teach Physics in English. Besides must mastery in content of subject, I also should have capability to speak well so that I can delivered well the content. Then, the student will understand during lesson. I must do something to improve my proficiency in English in order to speak well, to understand the content of subject, to teach effectively and to be more confidently.

When I went to internet, I have read about "How To Improve My English". Besides talking English with friends, it said "reading things written in English can really help you to improve your English. If regular books are too difficult, you could start out with simple books. Reading the newspaper and comic books can be very helpful as well". Looks like just simple suggestion for improve the English, right? So for achieve this goal, I will put much effort to prove it.

For beginning, I started reading newspaper especially NST and practicing speaking English among my close friends ( actually to ensure my tongue not looks like to twine around). Besides that, I also spend time to do some revision the content of the syllabus. Even sometimes I am feel hard, I know everyone will supported me. I have to put more effort to make it successful. Insya-Allah, I will prove it and do as well as I can. Chaiyoks!

No comments:

Post a Comment